Monday, May 4, 2009

Ask the Author: How did your family react to you not wanting to be a cop?

Answer: Being a police officer has been the vocation of many in my family, but that’s simply not where my heart rests. I feel called to do other things in life. My mother may have breathed a sigh of relief, happy that both of her sons weren’t in such a dangerous profession. I fear my brother, however, may have been quietly disappointed. I think he wanted me at his side wearing the Chicago Police star.

Ask the Author is a running series of live audience or reader questions directed at On the Job author Daniel P. Smith. The series, which appears each Monday, is aimed at providing greater insight into Smith’s work in researching and writing On the Job: Behind the Stars of the Chicago Police Department as well as the book’s content. A speaker noted for his energy and engaging style, Smith is available for presentations at a wide range of events, including private book clubs, Citizen Police Academy meetings, libraries, senior centers, and schools. Please contact him directly at smithwriting@gmail.com to schedule an event.

Are you a reader with a question for On the Job author Daniel P. Smith? Send it to smithwriting@gmail.com.

No comments: